Starting on Boxing Day (2018) Vanessa aimed to cover between 19 and 42km per day.
– Day 1 – Seven Mile Beach to Culburra
– Day 2 – Culburra to Lobster Bay
– Day 3 – Lobster Bay to Callala
– Day 4 – Callala to Jervis Bay
– Day 5 – Jervis Bay
– Day 6 – Jervis to Conjola
– Day 7 – Conjola to Tabourie
– Day 8 – Tabourie to Pretty Beach
– Day 9 – Pretty Beach to North Durras
“It worked out to be about 250km of beach sand, rock, single trail, fire trail, road, path, grass, pebble, moss, water crossings on a route that my coach Brendan Davies and I mapped out to hug the coastline and stay ’off road’ as much as possible. It was an absolutely magical journey through so many different landscapes and it was both very challenging and so very very beautiful!” Vanessa said.
Vanessa chose to complete all of this on a plant-based diet. She suffers from Polycystic Kidney Disease and raised ~$3000 for PKD Australia. What an incredible achievement, from an incredibly strong athlete! Thank you, Vanessa.